Just in time for the Hobbit’s release!
Elven Lembas Bread
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup honey (mallorn tree preferably)
- 2 cups flour (i used whole wheat for healthier version)
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 110 g cold butter
- Whisk flour, zest and baking powder.
- Add diced butter and mix quickly until it becomes crumbly.
- Mix cream, juice and honey (it doesn’t have to be runny).
- Add wet ingredients and mix with hand until it forms a ball – do not overwork (use more flour if needed, it should feel a bit less thick than shortbread).
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Roll out 1 cm thick and cut square pieces – i made 12 7x7 cm cookies.
- Bake 15-17 min in 200C until edges are golden brown.
- Wrap with mallorn leaves and save for your travel.